Making a World of Difference: Personal Leadership provides a thorough introduction to the PL method. PL practitioners discover that difference, rather than being a reason for divisiveness, offers a focus for communicating and developing relationships. They look for creative possibilities whenever they interact with people from different backgrounds or with conflicting perspectives.
Personal Leadership is valuable to practitioners in their own lives, and in their work in the public, private and social sectors, including in
- Intercultural communication
- Leadership development
- Global business
- K-12 education, international education, and higher education
- Initiatives in diversity and inclusion
- International cooperation
- Coaching, training and consulting
This book is an easy-to-read exploration of the PL method that outlines in detail PL’s two principles, six practices and the Critical Moment Dialogue process technology. It was written by the three Founders of Personal Leadership—Barbara Schaetti, Sheila Ramsey and Gordon Watanabe.
The book’s 50 real-life stories illustrate the core themes of the practice. They draw on the experience of the Founders and other PL practitioners. They show how PL is useful when we find ourselves in unfamiliar environments, in rapidly changing contexts, or in the middle of personal or professional transition.
The cost of the book:
- The suggested retail price of the book is US$20, not including tax.
- Facilitators and clients may order at the wholesale price of US$17, not including tax.
How to order:
- To order fewer than five books, you are likely to find that shipping and handling charges through online retailers such as Amazon will be lower than those we can offer you.
- To order more than five books, contact us using the form below.
After you have filled out the form below:
- You will receive an email invoice with instructions for paying by credit card or ACH. We will process the order once payment is confirmed. Most orders are ready to ship in five business days.
- Our printer and distributor has offices in the United Kingdom as well as in the United States. We will place your order with whichever location offers you the least expensive and fastest shipping. (And again, for orders of fewer than five copies, we suggest you consider an online retailer such as Amazon.)
- Expect shipping to take three to five days in the Continental U.S. unless you specifically request and pay for expedited shipping.
- We are not able to accept returns, although we will exchange books purchased through us in the case of a printing error.